GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions ("Competition") hosted by Brick Lane Publishing Limited. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition ("Competition Notice") and are in addition to the Rules.
2. Brick Lane Publishing reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Brick Lane Publishing’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. Any address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
5. Employees of Brick Lane Publishing and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
6. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Brick Lane Publishing reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. Brick Lane Publishing assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
8. Brick Lane Publishing reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Brick Lane Publishing in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry is permitted).
11. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
12. There is no charge to register with the Brick Lane Publishing website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
13. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Brick Lane Publishing cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
14. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Brick Lane Publishing does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
15. Prize winners will be chosen by Brick Lane Publishing. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
16. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice.
17. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
18. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded, unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice.
19. Competition winner(s) names may be published by Brick Lane Publishing.
20. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative.
21. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Brick Lane Publishing and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
22. Brick Lane Publishing reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
23. Brick Lane Publishing does not guarantee to accept any Entry. Brick Lane Publishing may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit or remove Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc, or for any other reason.
24. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Brick Lane Publishing reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
25. Brick Lane Publishing cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
Data Protection and Publicity
26. Where appropriate, winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity. Where appropriate, Brick Lane Publishing reserves the right to publicise the names of winners.
27. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Brick Lane Publishing for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Brick Lane Publishing to deal with any queries on the Competition.
28. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.